Sunday, September 3, 2017

Old and New


I know--I am not supposed to be starting new things, but I have been good for such a long time.
And I did work on getting my WIP's done first.

I finally decided on colors for the bird blocks for Bleeker Street. Yes, blocks--I totally forgot that there were 2 of them.

 
These are kind of scary because the stems are so thin, but I will plug along. I really like the fact that this quilt is pushing me out of my comfort zone. Just have to take my time.

And I also cut out my orange block for the rainbow challenge.
I was so happy that it was orange because I had some already picked out.
 


I have one more combo to cut out and then I will get busy on these.

Now, for the new stuff.
I dug into my pile of Christmas fabrics that I picked out and prepped the first block in the Holly Cottage quilt.


Not sure if you can see the little stitchery, but it is going to be a sweet little birdie that is going right in the center of the stocking. This will be another project that I have to work slowly on. Why you ask??? I already had to redo the applique pieces because they were facing the wrong way and I refused to start the quilt off with a boo boo!!

And new project number 2 is going to be one of the awesome pineapple quilts that everyone is making.
So far, mine looks like this:


This one will go fairly quickly once I get everything cut out.
Need to figure out the background and grab some green scraps and I will be good to go.

So, I have lots to keep me busy. I really needed to get a lot of prep work done ahead of time so that I could get things done on the days that I have to work.

Hope everyone is enjoying their long weekend.
Prayers to everyone that has been affected by Hurricane Harvey. 
L,A-

2 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

You are moving right along here--nice selection of projects to work on--some machine and some hand work--always good to have a bit of both to work on--would love to do the Christmas one--but that book is soooo expensive---maybe after the first of the year!!
love you bird block--good color choices--
enjoy the moments, di

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Looking good! You are gong to finish the stocking before I will.. I forgot to trace out the bird and take it with me... oh well..!!! Love your applique and the yellows are pretty xx